Mailchimp to Salesforce Integration - Part 3
[ARCHIVED - See New Article]
Mailchimp is a great tool for people who are just starting out with email marketing and they currently use Salesforce as their CRM. We have done several implementations of Mailchimp and Salesforce and wanted to provide you with our best practice approach of how to set it up right the first time.
How to Instructions
Update Salesforce Campaign Metrics from MC Campaign
Our objective here is to update metrics on the Salesforce standard Campaign object with the data from the MC Campaign object. Follow these steps for how to complete this process:
- Create the following fields in Salesforce on the standard Salesforce Campaign object:
- MC Campaign - lookup field that looks up to the MC Campaign record
- Emails Sent - number field no decimals
- Opens - number field no decimals
- Unique Opens - number field no decimals
- Clicks - number field no decimals
- Unique Clicks - number field no decimals
- Unsubscribes - number field no decimals
- Soft Bounces - number field no decimals
- Hard Bounces - number field no decimals
- Abuse Reports - number field no decimals
Now you may be asking yourself, why aren't we creating formula fields here since we have a link between the Campaign and MC Campaign objects. The reason is, then the data is not being stored on the Campaign object, it is referencing the data on the MC Campaign object. If we uninstall the Mailchimp package, then all of this data would be lost.
- Configure the first action group to check all of the fields below to see if the value changed. Make sure to set the Conditions = Any of the conditions are met (OR)
- Emails Sent - MC4SF__Emails_Sent__c
- Opens - MC4SF__Opens__c
- Unique Opens - MC4SF__Unique_Opens__c
- Clicks - MC4SF__Clicks__c
- Unique Clicks - MC4SF__Unique_Clicks__c
- Unsubscribes - MC4SF__Unsubscribes__c
- Soft Bounces - MC4SF__Soft_Bounces__c
- Hard bounces - MC4SF__Hard_Bounces__c
- Abuse Reports - MC4SF__Abuse_Reports__c
- Click Activate. You are now ready to start testing.
How to Test the Process Builder
If you followed the steps in Mailchimp to Salesforce Integration - Part 1 - you have a campaign record setup in Salesforce and Mailchimp. Go to this Campaign record in Salesforce and update the MC Campaign field to link the records.
- Go to Campaign in Mailchimp and Click Send. Before sending, make sure you are a recipient in the campaign. Go to your email and open the test email and click one of the links in the email.
- Go to the MC Campaign record in Salesforce - you will find it in the MC Campaign tab. Click the Refresh Campaign Stats and confirm the stats updated on the page. Please note: Campaign stats will refresh automatically every hour for the first 72 hours after the email campaign launched. If you navigate back to this page after 72 hours, click the Refresh Campaign Stats button to see the latest info from Mailchimp.
For any questions, comments, concerns – let us know in the comment section below!
We would love to hear from you!